Magicshine Monteer 8000S Bike Light reviewed by MTBR
Review by Francis Cebedo , Original article link: https://reviews.mtbr.com/magicshine-monteer-8000s-bike-light-review
The Monteer 8000s is new this season and it’s the most powerful in the Monteer line that features the 3500, 5000, 6500 and now the 8000s that each indicate their claimed lumen output. The Monteer 6500 won a few awards last year from different mountain bike publications so we made sure to give this new 8000s a proper test.
This is a landmark light because of a few things but the greatest attribute to note is the quality of construction of the light and the consistency of the beam pattern. Materials are first-rate and it really is a polished engineering piece. The beam pattern is very clean, even, and wide. It is free of artifacts and it doesn’t end abruptly at the edges.
The brightness is staggering at it is about 3 times brighter than most car headlights. Many will not need this level of brightness so they can save money with the lower-cost options on the Monteer line. But the 12 hours of run-time at 1000 lumen Eco mode is really convenient and usable. It’s a great convenience when one does not need to fully charge one’s bike lights every single ride. And when the situation calls for it, it’s really useful and fun to have 8000 lumens of light at one’s disposal. It’s like having 450hp under the hood. It’s not needed but it’s fun and handy.
- Monteer 3500 helmet light: helmet mounted via MJ-6276 helmet/head mount, rigid nylon straps for helmet mounting and stretchy, soft headbands for head mounting. The 3500 is installed with SST-20 LEDs, color tone of the light is slightly on the warmer side, top LEDs for flood beam at 32 degrees while the bottom LEDs are more focused with a beam spread of 21 degrees, 5200mAh battery pack is USB rechargeable and capable of charging our mobile devices with 5V/2A output.
- Monteer 8000 handlebar light: handlebar mounted with hardened alumimum alloy out front style mount. Monteer 8000 is installed with XHP 50.2 LEDs for extreme performance, top and bottom LEDs for flood 32 degree spread and spot 21 degree spread, 10,000mAh battery pack with USB power delivery protocol, supports 18W fast Type-C charging and discharging.
- Strong, lightweight, thermal managed aluminum alloy light heads providing sustained high performance levels. For efficient heat disspation, almost all of the surface area for these light heads are devoted to heat dissipation. They will get extremely hot during use but internal smart thermal management will make sure the vital components are protected. Output are throttled if needed.
- Included helmet mount includes stretchy straps for head mounting. Base adapter is GoPro compatible with an adjustable/removeable Garmin adapter
- 5200mAh and 10,000mAh capacity USB rechargeable battery packs that are able to charge your mobile devices. (Micro-USB & Type-C)